barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years

I have a home that I live in in Louis county and I am renting

Customer Question

Hi I have a home that I live in in Louis county and I am renting out two rv spaces in a gated community with c c and rs . I have a rental agreement from a landus attorney. The c c and rs don't say that I can't rent out an rv space. Section 17. "Resident" shall mean any person or persons living on any parcel other than a temporary, short-term guest. I live in WA St. Louis Co.section 1.recreational/residential use.under no circumstances shall any recreational vehicle be installed in a permanent manner. What does permanent manner mean when I'm renting out an rvspace on a month by month contract? Thanks for your advise.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..The actual definition of "permanent" should be in the CCRs so as to formally define what is temporary and what is long term and prohibited..If it doesn't define it, then I would have to just go by common language and opine that if there was water and electrical service run out to an RV that is parked in a location for an extended period of time, then it would be somewhat permanent if someone was living in it. .But this is kind of a hard determination to make since RVs by their very nature are never permanently located anywhere unless they were up on blocks with the tires off since they can simply be driven off at any time..So if the Association is trying to prevent you from renting out the spaces, and they don't have any definition of permanent, then it will be very hard for them to enforce such a rule because courts will throw out a rule if it is not able to be interpreted under the doctrine "void for vagueness"...thanksBarrister