Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Me and my roommates are moved out of an apartment that we

Customer Question

Me and my roommates are moved out of an apartment that we were getting evicted from the manager at the apartments is trying to slap a "insufficient notice" on us and charge us thousands of dollars on top of a eviction. Even so we did give a notice. She is also trying to charge us for a month that we didn't even live there for. We already settled a number in court with the attourney and have the papers to prove the numbers. The attorney even said we would not have to pay for the month of March since the keys were in there possession on March 2nd. She sent is to a collection and are now getting collectors harassing us for a number that is wayyyyyyy over what we settled in court.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. If I understand correctly, you and the landlord/manager have formally settled the matter. However the landlord/manager has now sent the supposed debt to collections, that are asking for money beyond the settlement. Correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.