Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

What wording should I use in separate letter from lease

Customer Question

What wording should I use in separate letter from lease I'm signing now to proceed in a shopping center for my retail store; that says:
1. This signed lease must be returned signed back from landlord within 7 business days; otherwise null and void
2. Lease agreement only valid if the 2 stores landlord informed us already signed leases. I do not want to proceed with this center; without the 2 other stores that he told me already signed leases. This mess stores were major draw to get us to come to the center.I can not ask landlord to add to lease; so must be in separate letter.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

In order to be enforceable it must be signed by the landlord, as well as yourself.

The lease dated ________________, 2016, between _____________________(landlord) and _____________________(tenant), is subject to the the following conditions precedent:

1. Landlord shall have entered into valid and binding leases for the Shopping Center, which are not currently in default, with the tenants __________________________ and _______________________________.

2. Landlord shall return the Lease to Tenant, fully executed, no later than _____________________, 2016. Delivery shall be via tracked parcel or personal delivery.