Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I'm trying to break a lease agreement reasons. One of the

Customer Question

I'm trying to break a lease agreement for medical reasons. One of the roommates I share the space with some pot in the apartment against the lease terms adding to the overall problem. I then informed to leasing office and they choose to do nothing about it. I signed the lease intending to go till July 31st 2016. I was told then I had the sign till July 31st 2017 which turned out not to be true. I'm needing to move back to Atlanta, Georgia due to a accidental pregnancy at age 18. Is it possible to get out of the lease legally?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I'm sorry to hear about your roommate situation. In what state is the apartment, Katelin? What does the lease state with regards ***** ***** termination? How many of you are there on the lease?