Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.

I stopped paying the rent because I want to live my deposit

Customer Question

I stopped paying the rent because I want to live my deposit and leave the next month but my landlord started an eviction process. I am leaving because I wanted to not because she put an eviction but I don't want to have an eviction in my credit. What can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
You can work out a settlement with landlord under which in writing you agree to leave and landlord withdraws the eviction. This saves landlord time and money. If landlord won't agree when court date happens you can tell same thing to judge who will require such a settlement without eviction! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.