Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I rent a commercial space, and my landlord gave me notice

Customer Question

I rent a commercial space, and my landlord gave me notice yesterday that he is ending my lease as of April 30. I do not have a signed lease and no reason was given. This will force me to close my business. Is there anything I can do?
JA: OK. The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Landlord is owed rent , but we have always had a liberal. Verbal agreement regarding payments. I maintain building for him on a regular basis. I can also satisfy rent immediately, and offered to pay forward up to July.
JA: Our top Landlord-Tenant Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Can you tell me what state you are in?

And you are month to month, correct?