Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

After divorce I moved out of marital home while it was

Customer Question

After divorce I moved out of marital home while it was listed to be sold per divorce decree. My ex husband leased the home without placing my name as co owner therefore not inserting a signature line with my name. Ex will not discuss or produce a copy of the lease for my review. I plan to move back into the home October 1, 2016. Because I am co owner but did not sign the lease, do not know the terms of the lease, and ex has stated he will not inform the tenants they must move out by Sept. 30, 2016, what are my rights?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Can you tell me what state you are in?

Are you still on the deed to the home as a co-owner?