Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My son who is autistic and I moved into a lease home. The

Customer Question

My son who is autistic and I moved into a lease home. The landlord would not give me the lease to sign as he promised. I kept asking and it took him a few weeks to finally bring it over. As soon as the landlord sat down with me to sign he told me that he thinks i was sent to him to take care of. He kept saying it was due to my autistic son. The home was a total filthy disaster. I had to clean it, make repairs and even put in nice landscaping. The home was abandoned for almost two years prior. Ok...the landlord would never finish anything and kept making excuses to come back over and over! It turned out that he thinks he is in love with me by just spending time with me making repairs and cleaning up. I rejected his advances and told him he was a married man. He said that the home was mine for as long as I wanted or needed it. Now I have been told that I have to move either in 30days or in 3 months. Do I have any rights as this man has harassed me into going out with him and he made sexual advances as well. Sigh...
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Which state? Did you want to stay? Have you made written demands for required repairs which have not been done?