insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer; developer/owner of RE developments.
17027240

I own a small mobile home park in Grapevine. When my parents

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I own a small mobile home park in Grapevine. When my parents began this business, times were very different and they just had verbal arrangements with the tenants. I am wanting to execute written leases but am not sure exactly how to begin. Please help me to understand how to move forward with this. Thanks.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Carlita. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

With no leases, your tenants are considered "at will" tenants which are treated legally as month to month tenants. With month to month tenants, what you need to do is give them written notice of at least 30 days that they either need to sign a written lease or vacate the property. You'll want to send the written notice in a friendly manner where you tell them that you would love to have them continue their tenancies, but that you need to have signed written leases with all your tenants so you can more effectively and efficiently manage your park. But, the bot***** *****ne is that you want to let them know that if they won't be willing to sign a lease, their tenancy will be terminated.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!