Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Old and 250% service connected disabled. I have been renting

Customer Question

I am 69 Yrs old and 250% service connected disabled. I have been renting my current address since 2005. My landlord is an 82 Yr old Marine retiree with beginning stages of dimensia (his wife has alseimers ). He told me verbally to get off his property and wanted it done in one day which was impossible due to the amount of stuff that needs to be moved (11 Yrs of accumulated stuff). I live in a 37 foot motorhome but also have a 22 foot MH and a conversion van. I had a 43 foot cargo container put there for storage and can't find anyone to move it or my 80 rabbits plus cages and hutches. There was no written lease. Does the law require the eviction notice to be in writing? Is it possible to get an extra month month or two to move everything?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Not all states requires that a notice to vacate be in writing, but all states DO require that a tenant get more than one day's notice. What state are you in?