Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Judge assisted landlord in retaliation, allowing m to file

Customer Question

Judge assisted landlord in retaliation, allowing him to file summary and complaint just days after I filed an injuction to force him to spray for bedbugs. They then changed the date for him so he could say he served me a notice to quit. I have a personal injury case pending and I filed several motions asking to dismiss the case, even that I had received a letter that the building was purchased by new management. Also, I receive Section 8 rental assistance and he did not give them a notice to quit. She said the bedbugs were eradicated in September when I showed her pictures of the bugs and bites and also a letter from a Doctor stating the landlord needed to correct the problem even though it had been done before. The landlord got an exterminator to lie in court about being here and inspecting all three apartments in the building. The Judge would not accept phone records as evidence. She would not accept the letter I wrote him allowing him to commit perjury.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had withheld rent for August, September, and October. He claimed I owed him $12 for July. I had my receipt she wouldn't take it and put it in her answer that I owed partial rent for July. I showed her pictures of bed bugs and bites for October and the Doctors letter was from November 2. She claimed in her judgement that the bedbugs had been eradicated. She would not accept the letter I wrote with the date I first contacted him. She refused to dismiss the bad conditions so my personal injury lawsuit wouldn't be effected. She ruled in my favor and said I suffered greatly but only gave monetary relief of $1300.
My furniture was also thrown away because the exterminator only spayed my bedroom and the neighbors upstairs were letting off bug bombs. She would not accept pictures of their furniture they threw away after mine had been thrown away and the exterminator had said there was no furniture here in his report.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are my options or what would you advise me to do. I believe she committed fraud on court.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Could you explain a little more?

What is the status of your Landlord's case against you?

What are your specific questions?

Kindly note that I cannot give you legal advice as it would be against this site's terms of service. I only give general legal information based on the specific questions that you asked.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I look forward to hearing from you.