Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

The property next to ours is rental property. we had to call

Customer Question

The property next to ours is rental property. we had to call the police last night because the tenants were drunk and fighting on our patio in our backyard right outside our bedroom window. my question is: do we have any recourse to the landlord because of the problems with the tenants? we have had to deal with this kind of thing in the past and we know that the landlord doesn't screen people before renting to them. it's all about the money.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. I think you should semd a letter to the landlord that you will hold him or her responsible for any damage caused by his tenants. This might force him to consider some sort of rules or background checks though in all actuality he cannot be held liable in court for actions of the tenant outside of the rental property.