Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My husband and I own a mobile home that our son lives in.

Customer Question

My husband and I own a mobile home that our son lives in. The house, land and utilities are in our name only. His girlfriend moved in about 3.5 years ago. He has asked her to move out and I asked her to move out 02/28/2016 and she is refusing to leave. She has not paid any rent How can this happen? He has had to stay in a motel because she is trying to get him to hit her. What would happen if we put her stuff out and change the locks? We live in Richmond, VA. Need help ASAP
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wanted to let you know that I will be working on an answer for.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle real estate law and landlord tenant law issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

If you are interested, for an extremely nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You are the owner and legal landlord of the property. Have you served the girlfriend with a 30 day written Notice to Quit?

2. Does your son have a lease agreement with you?

3. Does your son pay rent to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug