Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My New mgmt. co made a BIG mistake I proved them wrong my

Customer Question

my New mgmt. co made a BIG mistake I proved them wrong my lease is still good and now they haven't cashed my rent check. Its listed at their office as unposted payment. They will not return my calls what can I do I cant afford to move either plus I like it been here 19 yrs
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How do you know that the rent check was received by them?

2. What do you mean that thy list it as unposted payment? Are you suggesting that they admit having it but just haven't cashed it yet?

3. What mistake did they make and do you believe they are trying to manufacture a reason to evict you?

4. Is this a commercial rental or a residential?

5. When does your present lease end?

Thanks in advance,

Doug