Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My neighbor in my building has been smoking cigarettes and

Customer Question

my neighbor in my building has been smoking cigarettes and marijuana in the apartment adjacent to me.I reported this to the landlord and he does not seem to care. The odor is somehow getting into my hvac system and permeates my apartment. I have notified the police and when they investigated they said there was nothing they could do. What else can i do to stop this behavior?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Have you called the police due to their marijuana smoke (assuming this is not in a state where this has been legalized)?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!