How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have rented house years. I pay $850/month. When I moved in

Customer Question

I have rented house for 3 years. I pay $850/month. When I moved in the landlord was given list of things to fix around the house, and he refused to fix it. There was wood rot in kitchen cabinetry, mold in AC, bad water damage on front door, and $200 in painting that I did myself. Can I get some of my rent back?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Can you tell me what state this is in?


Are you saying that all those problems existed when your tenancy began 3 years ago?





Related Landlord-Tenant Questions