Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

Where do I stand being a small buisness owner, as the

Customer Question

where do I stand being a small buisness owner, as the landlord does not enforce core trading hours and as a result of shops closing at 2pm it has affected my buisness as the passing trade dont come past after 2pm due to this.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Does your lease specify / state the business hours during which other businesses in your shopping plaza would stay open for business?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we all have core trading hours in our lease.

Thank you for your follow up.

Does the lease state as to what the penalty would be if the core trading hours are not followed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It only states they you can be given 14days to leave, however I dont know if the real estate have an obligation to all tenants.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you address this issue with the landlord / property manager in writing?

If you did, what is their response?

Why aren't other businesses keep business hours they have agreed to in their leases?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent many txts to the landlord. the buisnesses in Question are a takeaway/restaraunt and the other is a coffee shop. they just want to close early as they get here early.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, it would be up to the landlord / property manager to enforce any terms that are contained in other businesses leases, however, since the lease is between the business and the landlord, a neighboring business would not have any legal recourse / standing (since the neighboring business is not a party to the lease) to enforce any terms of the neighboring businesses leases' and would only be able to enforce the terms of your own lease.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.