Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

My name is ***** *****. My issue is do I have any options

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. My issue is do I have any options other than a no contact order or a protection order to get my ex boyfriend out of my apartment?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as.. Everything is in my name
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Immediately, probably not unless he does something more that could get him arrested. If he is not on the lease, you could give him notice to terminate his tenancy. If he has lived there for more than 30 days, he has rights as a tenant. With no lease, he is a month to month oral tenant and in most states, 30 days notice will be sufficient notice for him to vacate. If he does not, then you can evict him. If he is a roommate, then you do not have this option. You would need to have the landlord evict him for a sufficient reason. If you are patient enough to wait 30-60 days, this method should get him out of the apartment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.