Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I received a letter in the mail today from owner of apt

Customer Question

I received a letter in the mail today from owner of apt lawyer States I must move out in 10 days. I owe 75.00 more rent from last month. I give 60 day notice to move out on Dec 8 2015, by Feb 8 2016. The owner husband told me to sign paper which I did. I have always paid rent early or on time.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Is there a reason that you did not move out on 2.8.16 per your notice? What is your goal that you would like to achieve? Are you wanting to stay for some certain period of time? Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is difficult to find suitable housing in price range and accepts pets. I have I'll father who lives across the street. I was also injured on the property had to have surgery. The owner give away some of my possessions. I am not on lease, just a month to month. My cat and I almost died in heat last summer, 2n floor apt, no AC. Asked for AC they owner husband purchased. I have a lot of pain from surgery especially in cold weather.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have vehicle, I am on limited income, military retirement.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Need to be close to bus transit line.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to find better living conditions but not be harassed when I am doing the best I can.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also feel they set me up. Tell me to sign paper.A lot of undue stress, belittle me and disrespect.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also feel they set me up. Tell me to sign paper.A lot of undue stress, belittle me and disrespect. I feel owner crossed over the boundary lines.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am very quiet stay to myself, never had owner treat me this way like a child.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe if you stay two years living in one place it will help improve your credit report.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not realize the lack of suitable housing in this small town in VA. I want to be close to family since my father has dementia.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The owner lady does not like me. She act nice to face and in front of others. Then say things when no one around.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is very expensive to move and requires truck and manpower.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The letter states they will have me removed. Any personal property remaining on premises after landlord is granted possession, will be disposed of by the Landlord's discretion.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She has already taken some of my property and disposed of the appliances and furniture.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The owner tell me if I leave apt clean she will return my deposit of 350.00.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My father wants me to stay here close by him.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello?

I'm sorry for the delay.....on a telephone call with another customer that lasted a bit longer than expected. Thanks for your patience. I want you to be able to receive a timely response rather than having to wait. Given this, I am going to opt out so another expert can timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I have carefully reviewed your posts. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your specific question?

Also, it would be helpful if you post ALL all your issues in one post instead of incrementally posting each one. It makes it difficult for someone to follow on what your real issues are.

Thank you for your cooperation.