barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I have put my apartment complex in a management group. We

Customer Question

I have put my apartment complex in a management group. We evicted people in one apartment and they just moved in another apartment with a friend. they sign a statement that people that live there Apartment are the only ones that can live in that apartment. this has happened several times. How do I keep this from happening?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You can put occupancy restrictions on the number of people who can live in an apartment. So if you want to restrict it to two people, you put that as a restriction in the lease. Then you can also put in a restriction from having guests stay over longer than X days per month. (you decide). If you then witness the tenant having others there early morning or late nights consistently, you can give them a written notice of lease violation and then move to evict them.

.

Tenants think that they are clever and that the landlord will never catch on, but when it comes to going to court, they will usually back down and either get rid of the guests or move out themselves to avoid being evicted.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really do not know how to rate someone when i don't know his work in just one answer.Thanks
James R Siess

I am not quite sure I understand your comments..

.

Did you have other questions that you need help with?

.

If you are having problems with the rating system, I can refer the question to customer service and they can explain it..

.

.

thanks