CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

Can I evict a tenant with a lease on the basis of

Customer Question

can I evict a tenant with a lease on the basis of harassment/ annoying the landlord. My tenant is an ex-boyfriend and now that I am seeing someone new her constantly calls, texts, emails and bothers me. I have asked him to move out but he refuses. I served him with a three day eviction notice. If I take action to evict him through the courts what proof would I need to present? The lease specifies he may not " bother, annoy or harass other tenants or landlord". BTW I live in Colordo
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

If the tenant is violating the clear terms of the lease agreement, you can proceed with the eviction.

Be prepared with your own testimony, the documents (texts, emails, and any witnesses to his conduct).

For help and information on prosecuting an eviction in Colorado, see: https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm?Form_Type_ID=28