Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My appartment complex recently red a 3rd party billing

Customer Question

My appartment complex recently hired a 3rd party billing agency for well... billing of course. It turns out they found discrepecies in the water billing. The complex was charging a flat rate, but this company is charging that plus consumption... again i understand. But how can they go back 6 months and make us pay what wasnt properly billed. I paid for my water, that should be a one time thing right ?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was there an agreement between you and the landlord in the written lease that you would actually pay the flat rate plus consumption?.

.

Are you saying that the new company just caught the billing mistake?

.

.

thanks