Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The pastor took money the insurance company gave to fix the

Customer Question

The pastor took money the insurance company gave to fix the leaking roof and spent it else where leaving the roof not fixed and is now worse off. The money given by the insurance company, now, will not cover fixing the roof which has cause other major problems i.e. electrical, carpet ruined which the church has no funds to fix. In the beginning the money given would have covered everything. Can I report the pastor for missusage of church funds? The church is now in a mess. We have to put buckets out when it rains. This wouldn't have happened if the pastor used the money to fix the roof.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Did the pastor have the authority to use the money for another purpose or did such a decision have to go through a church board? What did he use the money for?