Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My apt. building which is a 6 family rent stabilized

Customer Question

My apt. building which is a 6 family rent stabilized building was taken over by new owners in March of 2015 by an LLC , which has a "so called" management company taking care of the building. I have contacted them several times because they have not renewed our lease, with no response from them. They have offered money to the other tenants ( not me) to move and have succeeded on three of them after several attempts. I am here for over forty years and not leaving. Looking up in a window on the third floor it seems to me that they are destroying one of the apt that has been left. It looks as if they are doing this to make the building look uninhabitable so that sooner or later they can get the rest of the tenants out. the previous tenants left the apts. in good shape they did not destroy them. My question is .. Is there something I can do to protect myself and any way that this can be investigated ? I know they want to fix up the building because an insurance company that came by to look at the building knows the owners and said so.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What city and state are you in? Also, are you still on a lease for a set term? If so, when does it expire?