Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My landlord evicted us and we fired a... My landlord evicted

Customer Question

My landlord evicted us and we fired a...
My landlord evicted us and we fired a motion to set aside and won then lost the motion to vacate the judgement she showed up and changed the locks white we were out of town without ever pushing another5 day notice to vacate now less than5days later she is allowing her movers to steal or stuff and isstoring some of it in an unlocked garage in a high traffic area with no security and anyone can take whatever they want and the rest of it she is throwing inn the tread and destroying our stuff and allowing the movers to eat our food leading the lights on all day and night on our electricity bill we have made several attempts to contact her to get our stuff but they all go unanswered while she is throwing brand new stuff inn the dumpster we have pictures and when we go there when she is there she takes off before we can talk to her
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

In what state is this rental property?

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's in California and I need to know how to one get my stuff back two make her stop throwing my stuff away and three get restitution for the stuff she threw away let her guys eat and what was stolen how do I make her let us in the police wony help us

Thank you for the information.

If the value of your property is $10,000.00 or less, you can file a Small Claim to recover for the value of your property.

Your Landlord acted illegally in discarding your items and in not letting you to collect the rest of your items.

Click on the link below for Small Claims forms and instructions:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1256.htm

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunatly we have a comic book collection that alone is worth more than ten thousand and we also had a Nintendo collection that was worth over a thousand let alone all the various electronics and furniture he'll I think the amount of hygiene and food we had was worth more than that lol we also had power tools and some pretty high end clothes

So, you need to proceed with a civil case against the Landlord. You can find forms and instructions for a civil case on the Courts' website:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/formsrules.htm