How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 18361
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My landlord evicted us and we fired a... My landlord evicted

Customer Question

My landlord evicted us and we fired a...
My landlord evicted us and we fired a motion to set aside and won then lost the motion to vacate the judgement she showed up and changed the locks white we were out of town without ever pushing another5 day notice to vacate now less than5days later she is allowing her movers to steal or stuff and isstoring some of it in an unlocked garage in a high traffic area with no security and anyone can take whatever they want and the rest of it she is throwing inn the tread and destroying our stuff and allowing the movers to eat our food leading the lights on all day and night on our electricity bill we have made several attempts to contact her to get our stuff but they all go unanswered while she is throwing brand new stuff inn the dumpster we have pictures and when we go there when she is there she takes off before we can talk to her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

In what state is this rental property?

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in California and I need to know how to one get my stuff back two make her stop throwing my stuff away and three get restitution for the stuff she threw away let her guys eat and what was stolen how do I make her let us in the police wony help us
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

If the value of your property is $10,000.00 or less, you can file a Small Claim to recover for the value of your property.

Your Landlord acted illegally in discarding your items and in not letting you to collect the rest of your items.

Click on the link below for Small Claims forms and instructions:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunatly we have a comic book collection that alone is worth more than ten thousand and we also had a Nintendo collection that was worth over a thousand let alone all the various electronics and furniture he'll I think the amount of hygiene and food we had was worth more than that lol we also had power tools and some pretty high end clothes
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

So, you need to proceed with a civil case against the Landlord. You can find forms and instructions for a civil case on the Courts' website:

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions