Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My fiance and I rent a mobile home in a park. Paid our rent

Customer Question

Hello....My fiance and I rent a mobile home in a park. Paid our rent on time for 3 yrs. Got along well with mgmt. We did work in park to reduce rent. The manager told my fiance to tell me to stop associating with another tenant the they dislike. When I refused they stopped letting us work around the park. I also called code eforcement because of repairs needed on unit. For ex: I had asked for a 2 door if in case of emergency, water heater ready to fall over due to rotted flooring, electrical outlets that were intermittent a several other issues. I was served with a 60 day notice. We are 55 + yrs old on a fixed income. What is our recourse. Please help. We don't have the money to relocate. March 7, 2016 is when we have to be out.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What state are you in? You pay rent to the management of the park for your mobile home, not the lot on which it sits is that correct?