Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I signed a renew lease apartment at $1324 per month. I used

Customer Question

My name is***** signed a renew lease for my apartment at $1324 per month. I used to pay $1624 per month. The rental office called me later that the rent amount was quoted incorrectly. I called the office this morning. She said she already shredded the lease I have signed. She said it is not binding if her manager did not sign it. Is this true, i.e., the renting office can shed a signed lease?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was waiting for a typed lease after I signed the lease, but the office lady said she shredded the lease that I have signed, meaning the lease I have signed is not binding.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was waiting for a typed lease after I signed the lease, but the office lady said she shredded the lease that I have signed, meaning the lease I have signed is not binding.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. In what state are you located? Also, had you received a copy of the lease signed by the landlord?