Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord evicted us and we appealed it we got a stay an

Customer Question

My landlord evicted us and we appealed it we got a stay an then lost the motion eventually and our landlord showed up with the sheriff's while we were out of town and changed the locks without giving a the notice to vacate again and then she allowed her movers to steal items from our home and is throwing our property in the trash and storing some of it in an unlocked garage where anyone can cone steal it in a very busy high traffic area i have pictures of it complete disregard for life they won't let us get into the apartment to get our pet turtle and the filter was turned off and no one is feeding him all attempts to contact her to let us get our stuff and our pet so he doesn't die have gone unanswered and when we show up when she is there she takes off before we can talk to her what do we do
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

When you say you were evicted did the court establish a date by which you had to vacate or the sheriff would remove you? At the time the stay motion was lost, did the court set the time you had to vacate before the sheriff would remove you?

Are you still interested in an answer to your question? If so you will need to answer my questions.