Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

TENANT ,I PAY RENT I KEEP MY HOUSE CLEAN, IAM DISABLED BUT

Customer Question

I'M A TENANT ,I PAY RENT I KEEP MY HOUSE CLEAN, IAM DISABLED BUT MY SISTER IN LAW OWNS THE HOUSE. MY QUESTION IS CAN SHE TELL ME HOW TO DECORATE/ ORGANIZE THE HOUSE IN ANYWAY.
JENNY
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you are a tenant, then you should be able to decorate your house in any way unless you have a hoarder type situation and it becomes a fire hazard or some type of health danger. Your lease should also address if certain things can be performed such as inside paint or any changes to fixtures. The landlord could prohibit these types of changes but if you mean the vase should be in a certain place or the desk should be in the living room instead of the bedroom, no, you as tenant have complete authority.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.