Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I moved out of an apartment in November 2015 and I have not

Customer Question

I moved out of an apartment in November 2015 and I have not received my security deposit as of yet. What alternative do I have.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is their explanation for not returning the deposit? Do they say that they are simply processing it, or, do they claim damage to the property?

2) Have they sent you an itemized statement?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!