How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 18362
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A form (Owner's Certification of Compliance with HUD's

Customer Question

A form (Owner's Certification of Compliance with HUD's Tenant Eligibility and Rent Procedures was place on my screen door about 4 weeks ago. It had a termination code TI and a description stated: Exceeds Gross Rent or moving to market rent. It has my name on it but the wrong social security number on and birthday. Also, there is another person in the complex that have the same last name as myself. I believe I have her social security number and birthday, which to me is a violation of the Hippo law. It would seem this type of document should have been mailed or I should have been requested to come into the office. The office secretary also put her first name on a sticky poster, not on the form that she wanted me to sign which is dated 2-01-12. This form is 4 years old and even on the form states that false claims, provides a civil penalty of not less than $5000 and not more that $10000, plus 3 times ........or causes to be presented, a false or fraudulent claim; or who knowingly makes, or caused to be used, a false record or statement; or conspires to defraud the Government by getting a false or fraudulent claim allowed or paid. So, on yesterday, when I had a day off from work, I went into the office and ask the manger what was this form for that is back-dated 2-01-12, he stated that he didn't know anything about that form being put on the outside of my screen door. He also stated that the secretary doesn't all the paper work she does by me and that I didn't have to move. He also ask if he could make a copy of the form and will get back with me on tomorrow which is today(2-09-16). However, the secretary called my school and left a message in the offices stated that I needed to sign this form with the date 2-01-12 because of new owners have the complex. My question is "What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Contact your housing specialist at HUD and file complaint against the property. You should NEVER sign a backdated document. It is illegal and fraudulent to backdate a document. You should also file complaint with your Attorney General's Office:

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions