Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

, and I'm a landlord who has perspective tenants with a

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I'm a landlord who has perspective tenants with a lease signing scheduled for today. Tenant has asked the following questions and I need input on how to best answer. Regarding lead paint, new vinyl windows were installed throughout the home approx. 6 years ago and the entire home was repainted with latex paints. Tenant questions are: 5. Can you verify when the last Radon testing occurred?1. Additionally, please verify there is no lead paint.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question about this issue, since those are valid questions for a tenant to ask?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How best to respond that is compliant with OH law.The property weas acquired approx. 6 years ago from HUD where I assume they do radon testing. All windows in home were replaced with vinyl windows so lead paint risk have been reduced. Just looking for best way to answer.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to get the records and information from HUD and from the people who did the painting as well to verify your answers. If you give them an incorrect answer and radon is found or lead is found later, you can be liable for misrepresentation. However, you do need to answer them and you need to check to see if radon testing was done or you need to have it done (it is fairly inexpensive).