LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

I want to know if I can kick out my 18-year old son due to

Customer Question

I want to know if I can kick out my 18-year old son due to drug use in my house. I live in the state of Texas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your 18 year old son is no longer legally your responsibility and you have the right to demand that they leave and find a place of their own to live.

You will need to give your son a written 3 Day Notice to Vacate explaining that he has no lease and no legal right to remain there in your home. After 3 days if he has not left, then on the 4th day or after that, you will want to file formal eviction proceedings in court and get a court order for the eviction.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug