Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We have informed our landlord that the heat does not work

Customer Question

we have informed our landlord that the heat does not work since nov but continued to pay rent untiil this month that is when he decided to fix problems we have a propane tank that needed to be repaired plus a leaking roof for the past 6 months he finally got a new roof and had amerigas come to look at tank upon their safety check it was discovered than the line is leaking under ground and needs to be repaired they gave him estimate he agreed but will not be fixed for at least another week he is demanding rent or he will take us to court, my question is do we have to pay rent before heat problem is fixed.I believe it is our only leverage to be sure he fixes it. since hehas know for over 2 months and until we held rent he did nothing , he first offered electric heaters Dec 27th after we had bought 3 ourselves
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you actually have adequate heat in the house currently?

.

Has the landlord reimbursed you for any heaters you purchased?

.

.

thanks