Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

As of December 2015 my receipt has an account balance of

Customer Question

As of December 2015 my receipt has an account balance of zero and states paid through December 31, 2015.
On January 6, 2016, I turned in check #2398 for the amount of $275.00 for January lot rent and utilities. This has not been posted to my account accordingly. Additionally, there must be a misunderstanding concerning the prepayment of April 2015 rent. This was prepaid on April 2, 2014 in the amount of $355.00, according to my records.
April 2015 was prepaid in 2014 - a requirement of the park owner. When I purchased in March 2015 the seller had a credit of $355.00 where he prepaid and park owner refused to give him a refund. She made the decision to use this to prepay my lot rent of $255.00. The park made a profit of $100.00. Panoramic Sunshine was the system used when the April 2015 was prepaid. The Park Owner changed systems (Campground Master) and did not bring forward any records from the old system. So now the new office staff has determined that I owe for April 2014 leaving me owing a balance hoping I will pay because I receive a "Termination of Tenancy" with a deadline to remove me and all my personal property by 31 January. I am a 60 year old widow on 100% SSDisibility for Mental Illness. A former US Marine and my late husband was Ret from the US Navy Seals. I am also trying to work part time. I also worked for the park own from January 2014-June 2014 as the Office Manager and then as an outside contractor for several months after that. She has made derogatory statements concerning me, she has said she saw me smoking illegal drugs while in my home. I am employed by the school board and this is a defamation of character in an effort to discredit my integrity and morals. This is just the tip of the iceberg and this has caused me much grief and anxiety, not to mention my physical and mental health. All this has also taken a toll on my mother, who is not in good health. She has done nothing but bully herself. Also I no long have a mail slot in the mail room in the event I receive any mail. I will appreciate and be forever grateful for any assistance. According to Highlands County Property Appraiser the total just value of Lake Glenada RV & MH Park, LLC is $2,549,330 this was an inheritance from her father when he passed in 2012.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have the documentation of the April 2015 credit being given to you?
Also, you say she has made allegations of you using drugs, who did she make the statements to?