Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

, I am looking co signing guarantor service. Could you

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am looking for a co signing guarantor service. Could you please recommend one? This is for an apartment rental
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Well, the most popularly used guarantor service is Insurent at http://www.insurent.com/
leaselock.com is another one.
Also, http://co-signing.com/
So you have some options.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response, Insurent is unfortunately only available in NYC
I have heard bad reviews on co-signing.com and not Any reviews on lease lock.
I am looking to rent a luxury condo in Charlotte NC. I ran into a few problems that prevent this .
1. I have a eviction on my public record however I still live in that unit . Lanlord says it was a mistake and has yet to resolve
2. I am a victim of identity theft. My credit is very bad because of this. I have filed all documentation with the credit companies. I also have a lawyer working on my credit issues .
All documentation has been given to the landlord and I have an high income however,they still request a cosigner.
What should I Do?
Thank you for your reply.
Isurent is available in other major cities, but you are right they are not in NC at all.
I am afraid that most of the companies that do this type of work do not have the greatest reviews because it is a shady business and most of their clients end up breaking the lease and losing their money and then complain that the guaranty company was wrong. But the companies from what we see on our end do what they promise to do, act as guarantor and as long as the tenant holds up their end of the bargain there are no issues.
You are already doing everything else you can do other than offer to put up an insurance bond to the landlord to cover a year's worth of rent as your security. That would require you to go to a bond company and pay them to write the contract of insurance bond for this (as it is not a typical bond) and they usually charge about 10%- 20% of the total bond (so it is not cheap).