Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

Real estate question regarding commercial tenant holding

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** real estate question regarding commercial tenant holding over
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Commercial tenant holdover with landlord consent at higher rent are the terms and condition of the original lease otherwise in effect as to both landlord and tenant
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes but if i pay the fee will I get an answer quickly
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
California
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this matter for us today?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just need an answer to the initial question whether upon expiration of a four year lease when tenant holds over with consent of landlord at higher rent Are the obligations of tenant and landlord pursuant to the original terms and conditions of the initial lease
Thank you for your reply.
Upon expiration of the original lease, the lease may continue forward as a hold over, even if the rent amount changes, with the other terms of the lease remaining in force. So when the parties agree to a new rent amount, the initial terms of the lease can remain and most all commercial leases have such a clause about holdover tenancies.