Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My daughter's apartment door (Houston medical center) got

Customer Question

my daughter's apartment door (Houston medical center) got kicked in and $10000 of stuff got taken. She wants to break the lease and move elsewhere. How do we break the lease without a lot of cost to us?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was management company / landlord in any way negligent or failed to provide any agreed upon security that is stated in the lease which led to this unfortunate crime?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should i look for in the lease, since i want to sue them? General clauses on the lease?

Thank you for your follow up.

Can you clarify as to what you would like to sue landlord for?

Is the rental property in the gated community? Is there some type of lack of security? Please clarify, since unless the landlord / management can be found negligent or lacking adequate security, the management / landlord would not be liable for any criminal activity committed by third party at the rental property.