Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My lease is up 2/29. I brought a letter from my doctor

Customer Question

My lease is up 2/29. I brought a letter from my doctor stating that I have to move out to be with family. I am 75 and not in the best of health, so I will be moving in with my daughter, a nurse on 1/17/16. My two week departure before rent is due again. They will not give me the rent I have paid that will cover my gone days from here from the 17th to the 3rd. Is this legal?Thank you,Lynne Halvorson***@******.*** or(###) ###-####
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Remember that only by being just, can you expect justice; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

1. What state do you live in?

2. Can you upload a copy of your lease?

3. What does the notice provision say about how many days notice is required before you move out?

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there?