Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

I have a tenant that would like to terminate s rental lease.

Customer Question

i have a tenant that would like to terminate his rental lease. the lease is for 2 years. they still have 10 more months. they're splitting up and would like out of contract asap. i have no problem but i don't know how to write a early termination agreement. there are a couple of things i would like to include for example deposit security will not be returned and pet deposit as well. how can i go about type up agreement or get someone to help me.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist with your concerns.

You do not need an attorney for such an agreement--you can type this up yourself. You can include language stating that the parties have agreed to terminate this early and that the tenants, by early termination, have agree to forgo and waive their past security and pet deposits. The letter can be as short or as long as you wish, so long as all of the points are listed. If you wish, I can help by editing whatever you wish to draft.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there an additional fee for helping me edit the letter?

There is, as it is seen as an additional service. However, if you simply wish to write a letter and have be review it without major edits, I would be happy to do so as a courtesy.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.