Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My tenants are supposed to move in January 1st and have

Customer Question

My tenants are supposed to move in January 1st and have decided that they do not want to move forward. They have paid the following first month rent, security deposit and pet deposit. What are they entitled to? the property is in CT.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you have a copy of the lease that I can review to give you a better answer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do,

Could you upload it to this conversation so I can review it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me try to

Ok. What I am looking for is the termination language that states what damages, if any, you would be entitled to if the tenants were to breach the lease.