Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

Are you actually there
, yes. fixed term oregon one

Customer Question

Customer: Are you actually there
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes. fixed term oregon one year lease. tenant is 4 months in and on Dec. 23 sent email (not notice) saying they were terminating and attached a long list of BS issues with the home they said we allowed them to move into. this is my 67 yo moms home for 12 years, the lease states they accepted the home in and reviewed condiditon, and she promptly fixed the two issues they brought up to here within a few days.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Let them know that you will enforce the lease whether they live there or not and that the condition of the premises is habitable and in compliance with the lease. If they move out or stop paying rent then you will need to sue immediately for breach of the lease.

If the lease allows, you can also claim your attorney fees. Point out to them that their exposure is much more than just the rent.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?