Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Three years ago my owner was having roofing done. The

Customer Question

Three years ago my owner was having roofing done. The workers were carelessly throwing debris down. I have had lost of vision and respiratory problems as a result. I was going to sue the roofers, but my owner said they were illegal immigrants and that instead of me suing he would be willing to give me free rent. This apartment will be your own dont worry no rent ever. We take care of each other. Now 5 month ago he say the disability give you 800. The statue of limitations is up so you must start paying 350 to me. Now on Nov 29 I get letter on door saying pay 850 starting January but he knows I don't even receive that amount
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you get anything in writing from your landlord stating how long the apartment would be rent free? Which state is this?