Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I moved out of an apartment 13 months ago. I broke my lease

Customer Question

I moved out of an apartment 13 months ago. I broke my lease early however I have them 90 days notice. I have a letter saying so also. Now they say I owe them $1, 799 for breaking my lease. I feel don't owe them because I have notice and it was over a year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. When you say that you gave them 90 days notice, did your lease state that you could break your lease without penalty so long as you gave them notice? Also, when you say that you have a letter saying so, what exactly does the letter state, please? Lastly, are you asking if you owe them? If so, I will need to know what that letter states. Thank you.