Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

I applealed a judgment of my rental In district court. I

Customer Question

I applealed a judgment for possession of my rental In district court. I missed the appeal date. I now have a rot for possession dated for tomorrow. I would like to know if I can file a emergency stay motion in district court before filing another appeal to the court of appeals
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, while Motion for Emergency stay can be filed, unless the defendant / tenant has compelling legal reason for missing the appeal date, the motion would be denied.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.