Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The house i live in is rented and it is being sold by the

Customer Question

Customer: the house i live in is rented and it is being sold by the owner, i have given my roomates notice and they are fighting me , i just need to move can i turn off the utilities when i leave?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my house owner is going through a divorce, I have a new place i am moving this month, she says she wont leave what do I do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i am desperate
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Just to clarify, I have not previously posted on your question. The prior question and answer was from an automated system the Site has created, but it is not always that helpful and obtaining the information that the Experts actually need to assist our customers. Thus I will need some additional questions answered in order to help you.

Can you clarify if you are a tenant? If so, is your roommate on the lease or have you created a sublease with them and was your landlord a party to the lease? Have you spoken to your landlord about the roommate issue and what have they said?