barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

In texas if someone is smoking marijuana in someone's house

Customer Question

In texas if someone is smoking marijuana in someone's house that doesn't smoke can that person get in trouble if they know it is happening. Also, can they be kicked out of their house if they are renting.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If A is smoking marijuana in B's house, then only A is breaking the law. B is not, and is not under any legal obligation to stop any criminal offense unless they are law enforcement.

.

As for whether they can be evicted, if the lease has a clause that prohibits illegal activity on the premises, and B is allowing A to smoke, then they are allowing the illegal activity and that could be grounds for the landlord to terminate the lease and evict.

.

.

thanks