rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a Texas lawyer dealing in landlord tenant
8534270

I just filed a lawsuit plaintiffs against the same

Customer Question

Customer: I just filed a lawsuit for two plaintiffs against the same defendants. How do I file and Serve the Notice of Related Case if we are having difficulty serving the defendants. Do I file it first, and serve after Defendants have been served
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. Two plaintiffs each with their own lawsuit. Same Defendants--Landlord-Tenant case. Defendants are evading service. But I need to file and Serve CM-015 Notice of Related Case-which has a POS as part of it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you you tonight.

You can file the Notice of Related case but you complete the proof of service--this is how you served the notice not the lawsuit itself.The lawsuits have their own proof of service.You can serve the notice of related case by certified mail.Here if it comes back you file the returned notice with the court.

You will need to serve the lawsuits separately here, they are separate and require separate service.This notice advises the courts that the suits are related.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/cm015.pdf

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

You cannot serve the Notice of Related Case if you are a party in the action. The person who served the notice must complete this proof of service. The notice must be served on all known parties in each related action or proceeding.