Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Rothbard.. I have my signature as personal guarantee on a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Rothbard.. I have my signature as personal guarantee on a commercial lease which has not been witness or notarized. Is it binding as it could have been signed along with lease papers but not that I saw it was a personal guarantee
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 400 sq ft retail store nyc.. not producing, very high rent. Corporation on lease has no assets and I personally have no tangible assets. Lease shows my sloppy signature without notary nor the guarantee. Vacant store not leased in 7 years. First tenant. At entrance to Empire Hotel in Manhattan..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I expect a summary judgement for no paying rent. One year left on lease which is just 3 months old... Thanks...
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do i understand correctly that you are asking if the guaranty is enforceable if it was not witnessed or notarized?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?