CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

Im a pet sitter and i have a client that i have a verbal

Customer Question

im a pet sitter and i have a client that i have a verbal agreement with. he is refuse to pay me full payment on the end of the dog sit. what can i do and is it against the law to drop his dog off at a shelter where he can pick it up and i can no longer sit it?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Your remedy is to sue the client for breach of contract in small claims court (you can sue for breach of oral contract) - see: https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Consumer_and_Tenant_Rights1&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=24859

Unless the animal is creating a current hazard to life or property and you cannot safely leave the animal with its owner, there is no reason to leave it with animal control or a shelter (that is not their job).